Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Matt!

I can't believe our sweet boy is 6 years old today!! It seems like yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. Time flies when you are having fun I guess. In a few weeks he will be finished with kindergarten. Now that is hard to believe! It's been a great year. Matt has been so excited about his birthday this year. He has helped plan every detail of his birthday party. He wanted a superhero theme so that is what we are planning for Saturday at our church family life center. He has invited church friends and school friends. We will eat pizza and cake (Captain America cake), play superhero games, bust a pinata and lots of play. Today is his actual birthday, so we will let him open presents before school and I will bring a Captain America cupcake cake to school for the kids to eat during snack time.

A few weeks ago, I found on Etsy the cutest Happy Birthday sign that I plan on using for everyone's big day. I hung it on our front door Saturday. I have been looking for something like this for some time and I was so glad to find this talented girl who makes them. McKenzie and Matt loved it.


David created a video for his birthday. I love the song he found to go with the pictures. It's called Superhero by a teen christian band called Mission Six. It talks about comic book superheroes, sports superheroes and our ultimate superhero, Jesus. Here it is...

Happy Birthday, Matt!!

3 comments:

bettyb said...

Happy Birthday, Matt!
I love this video and that song is great. You can look at all the pictures of you from this past year and tell that you are really growing up. (sorry,Mommy!) I hope you have a SUPER day!!!
love,
Betty Ward ~~and Ward,too.

Anonymous said...

Betty, I LOVE the b-day door hanger. It is supper cute. Great video David. Hope Matt had a wonderful birthday. I know the party will be the best ever.
Beth

Melba said...

I love it!! Every year I think you can't top the birthday video from the year before.....but you do!! I love every picture!! My how time flies!! Happy Birthday,sweet Matt!! Love, Wayne and Mel