Thursday, August 7, 2014

First Day 2014

Today it's back to the books! McKenzie is an eighth grader at Grenada Middle School and Matt is a third grader at the Lower Elementary. We took them yesterday to meet their teachers. Matt is in looping so he will have Mrs. Keys and same class again for 3rd grade. McKenzie has all new teachers. She made the singing group Entertainers back in May so she will be doing that 4th period every day. McKenzie has friends in each class so that made her happy. I always have a huge lump in my throat every year at this time and could cry at any moment but that's just part of being a parent.  I did manage to keep it together until I drove home. I'm so thankful for the great summer and time that we spent with them. McKenzie and Matt, we hope you have a great school year!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

~so cute for the first day of school. I hope it is an awesome year for both of you.
love,
Betty Ward