Friday, July 3, 2015

Patriotic

I love decorating for the Fourth of July. I don't do anything fancy. I usually put little flags around the house and also decorate by the back door and front porch. I had been searching Pinterest for some wreath inspiration and there were lots of cute ideas out there. I'm using the same wreath I bought for Memorial Day but I changed up the bow. The Flower Co. made my bow and I like the way it made the wreath a fun 4th of July wreath. I bought my sparkly wreath at Big Lots but did see it  at Walmart the other day. It reminds me of fireworks the way it is made. Big Lots also had cute patriotic door mats so I picked up one of those too for the back door. Happy Fourth of July






Matt has been busy playing in a couple more golf tournaments.  I'll turn it over to David to talk about that.
The last two tournaments we played in were at Ole Miss and Old Waverly in West Point.  Matt finished 6th at Ole Miss and finished 5th at Old Waverly.  The 5th place finish at Old Waverly was impressive because the course was a challenge and the four golfers who finished ahead of Matt are all members at Old Waverly so they are already familiar with the course and have played there a lot.  We've had a lot of fun playing in the Coca-Cola Junior Tour.  Matt is in third place in the point standings.  There is one more tournament but we won't be able to go to it.  If he stays in the top 8 in the standings after that tournament he will qualify to play in the Tour Championship in Starkville July 28-29.

Teeing off at Ole Miss.



This is the 8th green at Old Waverly.  The divot in the foreground is where Matt chipped in a shot for a birdie!  (That's one under par for the hole.)  It was an awesome shot!  Matt dropped his club, did a little dance and turned a flip after it went in!  Haha!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

~great decorations as usual. I love the new doormat and also the star pillow. Matt, I'm so glad you did so well on the tour: Waverly is Ward's favorite golf course to play, even tho he says it is hard. And thanks to Dad for putting a picture of you on the Ole Miss course!!! Go Rebels!!! I so hope you make the tournament at the end of the season~ I bet you do!
love, BettyWard
p.s. why am I not surprised at the flip after making the birdie?!