Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Saturday we celebrated Mother's Day by doing whatever Betty wanted to do.  It was no surprise that Betty's dream day was a trip to Memphis that included a couple of great dining destinations and shopping at Target.  Our first stop was the Olive Garden in Southaven.
Matt's favorite thing about the Olive Garden is that he gets to help Betty with her salad!

After lunch, Betty visited a few stores in Southaven while the kids and I went to Books-A-Million.
McKenzie and I looked at a few books, while Matt played with the Thomas table.  He didn't like me interrupting him for a picture!

The next stop was Target.  Betty said it wouldn't be a long visit. 
Yeah, right!
After sitting in the Target Starbucks for a little while, the kids and I enjoyed the beautiful day in the car until Betty finished her "short visit".  I also figured fewer people would point and laugh if I fell asleep in the car than if I fell asleep at a table in Starbucks.

The final stop was the Side Porch Steakhouse in Bartlett.  It was great, as usual!  We all had a wonderful day and most importantly, Betty enjoyed her early Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to Betty, Nana, and Mimi!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

You are a very patient husband,David. Now as I remember from last year y'all will more than likely make this run again for Father's day. :-)
BettyWard