Saturday, July 16, 2011

Christmas Card Reveal

This weekend I am linking up with Kelly's Korner and Show Us Your Life...How you shared you were pregnant with family/friends.
With our second baby, our ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or girl fell in November and a friend told me I ought to reveal the sex of our baby in our Christmas card. So with that idea, we got busy getting creative. Of course our family and friends were dying to know what we were having but we told them they would have to wait for the news to come a few weeks later in the mail! We have an older daughter, McKenzie, who at the time was four. I dressed her up and we headed down to our old train depot (hint hint-boy) to take a picture of McKenzie holding a newspaper that we had painted It's A Boy! on it. We didn't tell her what it said for fear of her spilling the beans. I then made our Christmas cards out of card stock, had Our Big News of 2005...printed at the top and taped McKenzie's picture revealing the gender in the center. We had so much fun with this and our family and friends did too. I think this will always be my favorite Christmas Card ever!!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

~my favorite also! McKenzie looks so little!!
love,
Betty Ward