Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth! We are having a fun, relaxing weekend. So glad David has the day off today, too! He will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch. This is sort of a random post just to update what we have been doing lately. Saturday morning we celebrated Elizabeth's baby's first birthday! Kendall was such a little doll and seemed to enjoy every part of her cute little party. The theme was owls. The food was soooo good! I enjoyed all of it especially the homemade BLT dip. I am making that very soon. We also had fresh fruit and dip, blueberry muffins, sausage balls and cheese. After eating then it was time for Kendall to dive into her cake. She had an owl cake just for her and we all enjoyed owl cupcakes and ice cream. Kendall got an assortment of neat gifts. All the cousins enjoyed playing and visiting with each other. At the end of the party the kids got to take turns with the owl pinata.  Here are some pictures from the party.










Later that afternoon, we took the kids to Oxford to see the movie Mr. Poppers' Penguins. It was so cute! We had really been wanting to see that movie this summer and it did not disappoint. It's such a treat to take the kids to the movie especially when its out of town. After the movie we stopped by Belk and Hibbits, then on our way out of town, enjoyed supper at Abner's. We got home just in time to see Miss Mississippi! That was fun and got us excited about McKenzie's pageant coming up toward the end of July. It is the Little Miss Magnolia State. You can check it out at this website. It is a natural, Sunday dress pageant. She won her preliminary back last August and will go as Miss Preteen Grenada. We have her sportswear and dress ready to go. It should be a neat weekend and we plan on celebrating her 10th birthday while we are in Vicksburg!


One last thing I wanted to share was my decorating project using a $4 can of red spray paint. I have been wanting a bedside table for Matt's room and knew I wanted something old. So, on our last visit to the Cummings, I found this very cute table that belonged to Liz's grandmother. I painted it red and now it is perfect for Matt's room. David loves the fact that it was free!

Hope everyone has a great week and we will be back soon with McKenzie's birthday video that David is working on. Can't believe she will be double digits! Wow!! Lot's of celebrating coming soon.

1 comment:

bettyb said...

I love the "random" post~the patriotic decorations,the b'day party. My fav. picture of Kendall is when she was seeing her cake. She is precious,and I know the party was fun. Y'all had a full day,and I'm glad you ended up in Oxford~it's a fun place!! I've already commented on the awesome job you did on Matt's table,and you know I'm all about sentimental so I'm glad it was kept in the family! ~good job on everything.
love,
Betty Ward
p.s. I love the blog background also.