Saturday, September 15, 2012

Friday Fun

I had fun yesterday celebrating my birthday. David always plans something nice for me. The kids gave me a sweet card and picked out each something to give me. McKenzie knows I have a sweet tooth, so she gave me my favorite Junior Mints and Rolos. Matt gave me ear buds for my iPhone so I can listen to music. He told David it was either that or a winter coat because it would be getting cold soon and he didn't want me to get cold. So sweet! McKenzie made sure they picked out a color that would match my new iPhone case. She knows me well! David took off work for the day, so he was able to take the kids to school which was a nice treat for me. On up in the morning we went to Oxford to eat lunch. But before lunch we stopped by a store I have been wanting to go to called The Mustard Seed. I love this store. It is an antique type vendor mall. I took a few pictures of some pieces that I loved. I am on the hunt for a desk for Matt. I did see a few desks that had been painted and distressed so that gave me a few ideas for his room. I saw several pieces that were once old and ugly but had been painted to totally transform them into nice furniture.





One of my favorites was this piece that they recommended as a TV stand. It was once a dresser.

A lady had these cute paintings on square canvases. This one reminded me of Nick.

By the time we finished in there it was time to go to Ajax for lunch. Did I mention that Oxford was crazy busy yesterday? People were already arriving for the Texas/Ole Miss game weekend. We got to Ajax in time for them to open at 11:30 but had to wait for 45 minutes to get a table. Now that is obsession with good food! If McKenzie and Matt had been with us we would not have waited that long, but we didn't have anything else to do, so we stuck it out. Their food is so delicious. It is worth the wait. Everything has a little kick to it. I always get the vegetable plate or should I say the casserole plate. Every time I order sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, squash casserole, and green beans.  It is sooooo good. The waitresses wear t shirts that say This Is How We Casserole. David always gets the turkey and dressing and vegetables. For dessert he got blackberry cobbler with ice cream and I ordered chocolate chess pie with homemade whipped cream. It was delicious! We were so stuffed we could hardly walk back to our car. Then we needed a nap! We made it home just in time for me to drop him off and go get the kids at school. It was such a fun day.



It has been homecoming all week at our school, so that meant certain dress up days at GMS. I took pictures of McKenzie each day. She has had so much fun doing this and its made school a little more interesting for the week.
Tuesday was jersey day. 


Wednesday was twin day and she and her friend Lynsey dressed up like cowgirl twins. 

Thursday was crazy hair day. We enlisted the help of Jordan who helped give McKenzie a crazy style. She designed her hair in the shape of a hair bow using her pony tail. It turned out cute.  

Friday was spirit day, so she wore her new homecoming shirt and Matt wore his jersey. Matt was excited to go on Friday because the cheerleaders were painting their faces and selling spirit ribbons.

Justin and Jordan go to GHS and they had different spirit days. I just had to show this picture of them. Thursday was Disco Day and they put together the cutest costumes. They came by Wednesday night for us to get a sneak peak. I couldn't get over his wingtip shoes and her platform shoes. They really looked like they were from the '70's.

1 comment:

bettyb said...

My computer is back~for the moment. I love seeing all the homecoming pictures,and I think McKenzie's hair as a bow is so funny ~but so cute. McKenzie and Matt, I'm glad you had such a fun week at school. BA,I'm glad you had such a fun day. Oxford is a neat town with great shopping and great food.
love,
Betty Ward