Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Decorating

Fall is my favorite season of the year! I have enjoyed decorating and wanted to share what I have been up to the past week. I think that I have as much fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations as I have Christmas stuff! One day I dream of having a big attic with shelves where I can organize all of my seasonal decorations. I know you do too, Amanda. That would make me so happy!!
This is our buffet in the kids' play area. I have their cute Halloween buckets on it. The kids take these trick or treating to hold all of their goodies. I bought those at Chaney's and I believe a girl from Jackson painted them and personalized them for me. I love their names or monograms on everything...That is pumpkin man between them. Bought him a few years back.
This is my kitchen counter where I put my lighted ghost house, fall leaves and greenery(hard to see) and pumpkins in my McCarty bowl.
Matt is showing you our pretty orange mums. I always plant either yellow or orange mums right here for good color.
I love to do container gardens and this is one for fall. It has mums,varigated ivy and creeping jenny. When the mums quit blooming I will replace them with pansies and kale for the winter.
Here is a close up of our front porch. I love my scarecrow and have had it since McKenzie was a baby. Matt loves to talk to him. I found these cute pillows at Target a few years ago. I have iron pumpkins beside the bench but you can't see them. Love iron stuff!
Close up of my iron scarecrow. I found this cute zebra print ribbon last year and had to have it!
This is the top of our roll top desk. I used burlap, fall leaves, pumpkins and wheat stalks. Hope you enjoyed the pics. McKenzie will probably want to show you her decorated room in another post. She is very into decorating. Gee...I wonder where she gets it from???

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Betty, everything looks beautiful!

Doodle Bugs said...

I am so excited you have a blog and I an learn more about you :o)

Your fall decorations look great. I just finished adding some Halloween decorations a few minutes ago- I had my fall stuff out but I waited until Oct 1 to add my jack-o-lantern goodies!

Davis and Suzanne said...

Where did you get the iron Scarecrow? He is so cute!
Everything looks so cute. I might copy your container garden. Will you take a pic when you change out? I will need to copy that too:)

Tammy Grant said...

Betty, David sent me your blog today while I was cutting his hair! Boy am i glad! I am going to learn alot! Maybe I won't have to call and bug you as much! ha! Everything looks great! You have such a gift! I love you!