Thursday, October 2, 2008

School and Dancing



We thought we'd show you what Matt and McKenzie have been up to. Matt is going to Mother's Morning Out at the Methodist Church on Wednesday mornings. He's enjoyed it so far, but he did have a run-in with a friend a couple of weeks ago. One piece of useful information for this story -- "Oh" means "Yes" in MattLanguage. He came home and said, "Fwend push shirt!". We blessed his heart and asked him what happened. He said, "Push head!". Well, this was getting serious now. Daddy might have to go have a talk with the kid who "pushed" Matt's head! I asked him, "Your friend pushed your head?" Matt replied, "No". Uh-oh, maybe I won't be having that talk with that kid. I asked, "Did YOU push a friend's head?". After a slight hesitation, Matt admitted, "Oh.". Well, at least he's taking up for himself!

"Fwend push shirt!"

McKenzie is taking dance this year for the first time. She absolutely loves it! She goes every Thursday evening at 5:30 and then comes home and dances for us. She said tonight that she wants to teach dance when she grows up and she wants Betty to be her partner. (As long as Betty doesn't have to dance!) I don't know where McKenzie gets her dancing talent because Betty and I certainly don't have any! I have proof on video that I don't have any dancing talent but that will NEVER see the light of day! Matt tries to copy McKenzie's dance moves (as you can see in the picture below) but I think he's got his Daddy's dancing ability. We'll stick to playing ball!

1 comment:

abbey said...

McKenzie looks like she is having a great time learning dance.. And, Matt..oh my, how he has grown. I can't believe how much bigger he looks.