Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks and Taking Naps

Thanksgiving for Betty and me started last Friday.  Nana and Grand and cousin Beth came and stayed with McKenzie and Matt while Betty and I went to Memphis to spend the night and do some shopping (and eating!).  Our first stop was The Arcade in downtown Memphis for lunch.
We saw last year's American Idol winner, Lee DeWyze, eating lunch at The Arcade.  A few people got his autograph and took pictures with him.
After lunch we stopped by Gigi's Cupcakes.  Betty had heard about it and wanted to check it out. 
Some of their Thanksgiving themed cupcakes.
Oh my!  It was very hard to decide what we wanted to get.
 So we got some of all!  Two of those were for Matt and McKenzie.  They were very good!
After a trip to  - yeah, you know where - we at supper at The Side Porch and then went to Barnes and Noble to read, relax, and get some hot chocolate for Betty.

This is at Rafferty's where we ate lunch on Saturday after hitting the mall.  My Christmas wish is for a wall of TV's like this!  After lunch it was back to Betty's home away from home for a little more shopping before heading home.
Wednesday we had Thanksgiving at Nana and Grand's house.  Contrary to what the following pictures will show, we had a lot of fun eating and visiting with the family.  Unfortunately, Betty got up Wednesday morning with a migraine and had to spend most of the time at Nana and Grand's laying down on the bed.  As you'll see, she wasn't the only one to take a little nap.  I am smart enough, though, to not take a picture of my wife sleeping and then make fun of her.  However, I will take pictures of the rest of my family and make fun of them on the Internet!!!  Enjoy!!
Andy was the first to go.  I took an even less flattering picture of him, but I do have a little compassion for my big bro.
Poor Caleb was feeling the affects of allergy medication, so I won't be too hard on him.
Nana is a napping pro.  She would doze off and then somehow come to and add something of relevance to the conversation and then doze off again.  That takes talent and experience my friends!

She looks so natural, doesn't she?

Even McKenzie joined the nap-fest.

So, 60% of our family was unconscious for some period of our Thanksgiving celebration.  Not good guys.  We need to suck it up and bring our "A" game for Christmas.  

1 comment:

bettyb said...

--looks like y'all had a good time in Memphis. The Eupora pix are hilarious, and you can bet I will be wide awake when you come to my house!!
Betty Ward