Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Decorations/Pumpkin Patch Visit

I really enjoy decorating this time of year. I probably love it more than Christmas decorating. I am so addicted to mums, pumpkins and scarecrows. They all make me happy. So as soon as October rolled in I started putting out my fall/Halloween stuff out. I have added a few new things this year, but most are the same. Enjoy the pictures and then David is going to write about our Cedar Hill Farm visit we took today with McKenzie and Matt.   Happy Fall!!

Welcome to our home...

Our mailbox...

Back door owl to greet us...

Mums:)))))

McKenzie and Matt scarecrows I found at Walmart...

My new Halloween wreath...

This is not a decoration, but I finally got around to ordering that cute rolling chair for the kids' new desk. I found it on Walmart.com.

I found this cute lantern back in September during a TJmaxx visit. It has a battery operated candle that flickers. I love it. It looks great on the new kitchen table.

I even decorated the laundry room with these cute battery operated candles. I do spend alot of time in here!

Hello!  David here.  We decided to make our annual trip to Cedar Hill Farm, or "the punkin patch" as Matt calls it, this Saturday since I will be incapacitated for the next 6 to 8 weeks due to my knee surgery coming up next week.  We were hoping for good weather and it turned out to be great!  It was overcast in Grenada but when we go to Cedar Hill Farm it was just partly cloudy and cool.  It started raining after we left so it was perfect timing for us.

Here's the 2012 version of our Cedar Hill picture.  I even got Nick in the picture this year!

After the picture we went to check on Andy....  :)

The kids acted up a little bit so we had to put them in time out.


We rode the train, played on the playground, and rode on a hayride out to the pumpkin patch to check out the pumpkins.




I'm the king of the world!

The kids picked out their pumpkins and we called it a day at the punkin patch.  It was a good way to kick off the holiday season.  Betty goes nuts over the holidays and she's passed it on to our kids.  It makes the holidays even more enjoyable!




1 comment:

bettyb said...

All of these pictures are amazing. The decorations are wonderful, and it makes my dust bunnies look even uglier over here! I was trying to figure out what was wrong with Andy until I looked at the sign. HA. I love all the pumpkins~good job picking them out.
love,
Betty Ward