Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Cards

One of my favorite things about Christmas is going to the mailbox every afternoon and getting those Christmas cards. It is so much fun. Every year I enjoy making our Christmas card. I finally finished ours last weekend and mailed them. I like to do "theme" cards, so we did a "night before Christmas" card. I put the kids in their matching Christmas pajamas and had McKenzie read Matt a bedtime story in her bed. Boy, was that stressful. At one point Matt was on the floor kicking and screaming. It took a couple of nights to get a decent shot. You know those two year olds want to do things their way! McKenzie was so disgusted with him. We finally got it, though.
A couple of years ago I was trying to think of a way to display all the photo cards and be able to look at them. So, I decided to hang a garland around the door leading into the Christmas tree room. I punched a hole in each card, then tied each one onto the garland with a piece of ribbon. I love it! It looks very festive. I need more garland because I am running out of room.

Each year I take our card to Neblett's and have them frame it. Then I hang it with the other photo cards in the kids' playroom.We started this tradition McKenzie's first Christmas.
Here are a couple of pictures of my christmas card garland and my collection of our framed cards.

1 comment:

Tammy Grant said...

That is such a great idea! You are so creative! I absolutly love my card this year from yall. I look forward to it each year! I did not send any out! Sorry.... I ran out of time. Lindsey had some made for her of all of us. It turned out good... Remind me I will show it to you! It is of all of us but still no babies in it! Matt has changed since he was last at the shop. I heard about his little accident...Bless his heart! Well, Yall have a very Merry Christmas! Love Yall!