Monday, December 1, 2008

The Polar Express

I don't usually do this but I bought the kids something before Christmas. Thanksgiving night McKenzie and Matt watched The Polar Express on tv. McKenzie had already seen it but this was Matt's first time and he was mesmerized! He laid perfectly still and watched it and then cried when it was over. This morning, Matt and I had to go to Walmart and pick up a few things and in the Christmas section, this movie was playing. He wanted to stay over there and watch it, so I thought I better go ahead and buy this for them to enjoy during the holidays. I decided not to make him take a nap this afternoon and instead watch the movie or Big Train as he calls it. When it was over, bless his little heart started to cry again. I can't stand those tears that fall out of those big blue eyes, so I started the movie again for just a little while until we had to go get McKenzie at school.

All of this movie watching enabled me to get our Christmas tree up which I have been wanting to do for days. I packed all of my fall stuff away Thanksgiving night and over the weekend put my outside stuff up and decorated inside, too. So now on December 1st the holidays can officially begin for us! I will post more pictures soon. Here is a picture of the tree. I love it because every ornament has a special meaning behind it. My favorite this year is one I made to commemorate our trip to Orange Beach Mother's Day weekend. We had the BEST time. I will never forget it! I thought McKenzie and I were going to cry when we pulled away from our condo. Hopefully we can go back for a repeat. Hint Hint David!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ornament. I'm with yall I hated to leave coming home after a vacation on the beach. Love the picture

Love You, Margie

bettyb said...

Matt,I'm so glad you liked that movie,but I knew you would with a train!It was so sweet of Mommy to let you skip your nap to watch it.Be extra,extra sweet for her,and I'll bet she lets you do it again.
love,
Betty Ward

Anonymous said...

we love this movie too! your tree looks beautiful - love the beach photo ornament. tell mckenzie we are so proud of her and her decision!
sam and nicole