Sunday, November 30, 2008

McKenzie's Baptism

Sunday was a very special day for McKenzie and all of us. McKenzie was baptized by her grandfather. I'm so glad that Grand was able to baptize her - it made an already special day even more special. McKenzie likes to be prepared, so we have "practiced" baptizing several times over the last couple of weeks. Betty and I have showed her what was going to happen and we even dunked her in the tub a couple of times! Grand read from Acts 8, and then said a few nice words about McKenzie. Then McKenzie went down into the water and stood there nervously while Grand finished speaking and then he baptized her. You could barely see her in the baptistry - just like I was when Grand baptized me. Then we went to lunch with Nana and Grand and Andy's family. It was a wonderful, worshipful day and we thank all the friends and family who helped make it special.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." --Matthew 19:14


McKenzie checking out the baptistry before Sunday School.








Grand, McKenzie, and Nana

2 comments:

Professor Howdy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi,McKenzie,
I am so sorry that we were out of town,and I missed your big day yesterday,but I hope you know how proud of you that I am.I think it's neat that you and Jacob were both baptized a week apart!You are very special to me,and I love you very much.
Betty Ward