Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of 3rd Grade

Today was McKenzie's first day of 3rd grade and I am happy to report that it went very well. She was quite nervous but I believe Matt and me walking her in to her new class helped matters. I was so sad when I left the school, that I cried all the way home. Each year that McKenzie goes to school shows us how much she is growing up and its just hard. I have cried every year and will until she graduates college! Ha! I could tell that it really bothered Matt when we left the school. He was so sad, too. When we got home he wanted to watch his favorite Polar Express movie, so I think that helped him. We were so excited to go get her at lunch time. She was so happy when she got in the car and that makes me happy. I know its going to be a great year.

Here are a couple of pictures I took of her before we left for school.

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

can't believe 3rd grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bettyb said...

McKenzie,
You look too OLD~~makes me sad.No,I'm very proud of you and know that you will do great in 3rd grade.
love,
Betty Ward