Saturday, May 21, 2011

Summer Is Here

Today marked the first day of summer vacation for McKenzie and Matt. This morning was tough. We took gifts to Matt's teachers and said goodbye to them. That was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Michelle and Ann are such special teachers. God really blessed us. Matt has had an awesome year in preschool 4 at Miss Mary's. They have prepared him for kindergarten in every way. It has been a joy each day to take him to school. I have been savoring his last week but at the same time dreading the final goodbye. I managed to keep it together until I got to the car, but then I lost it. We promised to come back before school starts and visit, so I can't wait. Now McKenzie is a part of a looping class so we will have Mrs. King again, thank goodness. She is a huge blessing to us, too. Here are pictures of Matt at graduation with his teachers.


Graduation was so cute. The kids and teachers' hard work paid off with a wonderful program. After the program, Miss Mary treated us to a graduation party with pizza, cake and a fun jump. That was Matt's favorite part.

We did enjoy the rest of day and making plans for our summer. I know it will pass quickly but we are going to enjoy every minute. Here are a few pics I took with my phone so the quality is not that great. I also included a few of my container gardens. I have been feeding them miracle grow and it is really helping them.









Tonight McKenzie and I went to Parker's graduation at Grenada High School. David and Matt had a game and David is the coach so they weren't able to attend. But we did hitch a ride with Marty and her kids. It was a really nice graduation with 263 graduates! Congrats to Parker and his parents. We are proud of you!! Here are a couple of bad pictures taken with my phone. I didn't have my photographer with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty, tell David he doesn't have to worry about you as competition. That was the way it was with me and Dewey. Just kidding. Your containers with the flowers are beautiful. You've always had a talent for growing things and decorating. Tell Matt and McKenzie to have a wonder fun filled summer. It will be gone before you know it. Love you.

bettyb said...

Well, you certainly covered a lot of ground in this post! ~loved hearing about the last few days and seeing the pictures. McKenzie and Matt, I hope you have a great summer and have lots of fun.
love,
Betty Ward
p.s. I wish my containers looked as good as yours!!!