Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 11th Birthday, McKenzie!

Happy Birthday, McKenzie!  This year instead of a party or special trip, she asked to have a couple of her girlfriends to spend the night. They seemed to have had a really good time tonight. The girls got here around five. McKenzie opened her gifts, then they went outside and all took a turn at busting the cupcake pinata. I cooked sloppy joes for supper, then we took the girls to see the movie Brave. It was a really cute movie. After the movie we came home and sang Happy Birthday and ate cake and ice cream. I ordered the cake from Walmart. It was a groovy girl theme. So cute!! Wonder if they will get any sleep tonight??  Here are a few pictures from tonight followed by her annual birthday video that David made for her.
McKenzie, you are such a great daughter and super big sis. Have a special day!  We love you...


McKenzie picked out all of her decorations. She wanted balloons in her room.

She chose a "cupcake"theme and we found this cute banner, tablecloth, plates, napkins and pinata.



Our family birthday sign that I hang out for each of our birthdays. McKenzie and Matt love this.

                                  

Silly, sweet friends...
Soon to be 6th graders at GMS!

Our favor boxes that we fixed up for the girls...







1 comment:

bettyb said...

Happy Birthday,McKenzie!!
I cannot believe you are 11. I am so proud of you and you are very special to me! I loved all your decorations and your cake. I hope you have a super day.
love,
Betty Ward