Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kendall's Party/Happy 4th!

Yesterday, we went to a fun party! We celebrated our cousin Kendall's 2nd birthday. Elizabeth did such a great job with the decorations. The theme was Elmo. Kendall was very excited and was so cute. Elizabeth had her dress made from a site on Etsy. She enjoyed opening her gifts. We gave her a little shopping cart with groceries and from what I hear she shopped all afternoon. The food was delicious. We had brunch type foods and Elmo cupcakes. Elizabeth arranged the fruit on the plates to resemble Sesame Street characters. Too cute! Her Poppa, Wayne made a  cute wooden sign for the front yard that said "Kendall Street". This will look so cute later in her little backyard patio at home.










Also, I wanted to share some pictures of our 4th of July decorations. David is really glad to get a day off midweek and we will be glad to have him home. We plan on eating hamburgers at my parents and other than that just staying out of this awful heat!

I found the garland in the dollar bin at Target.

I also added this star decoration to the coffee table...

...and used the same star wreath on the front door.

Happy 4th of July! Can't believe our summer is half over!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

Kendall's party looked first rate: Elizabeth outdid herself. Happy Birthday,Kendall!! Your 4th decor looks great. I always feel like I need to start doing something here after I view yours,but then who would see it?! ~not sure Ward would appreciate my effort. So~~I'll just enjoy yours. :-)
Happy 4th,
Betty Ward