Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Love Is In the Air

It's that time of year again, time to pull out a few Valentine's Day decorations. I love how they brighten things up again. I only have a few things for the outside and inside but less is more! I started with our mailbox and hung a shiny heart with ribbons on it.

For the front door I used the love banner I have had for a few years.


My pansies are really showing out. It's always nice to see a little life when everything is so brown and dead right now.


I hung this cute burlap owl by the back door again this year.


Here are few other pictures from inside...







Laundry room

Our kitchen...I found the heart banner in the dollar bin at Target.

The flowers are from an arrangement I made for Granny's party using fresh flowering quince,forsythia and corkscrew willow cut from a friend's yard. I plan on trying to root and grow the quince. I love seeing it bloom in late January. I have always wanted one but never had luck finding it at a nursery.

We have already started eating valentine's day cookies and cupcakes from the grocery store. Yum!


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

--- gotta love all the hearts! And you said you didn't have many decorations. I love the mugs.
Love,me