Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Little Bit of Love...

It is hard to believe that Valentine's Day is a month away. It is depressing for me taking down all of the Christmas stuff but then I like getting everything cleaned, back in its place and organized. I would rather do that now than in the spring. It is something about the start of the new year that makes me want to get my house in order. That is what I have been up to this month. Yesterday, I decorated for Valentine's Day with Matt's help. It gave our house a cheery little lift. Here are a few pics...

This cute banner is hanging by our back door. I ordered it from a very talented girl. You can check out her creations at The Painted Wren located on the right side of our blog. Next is a doormat I found at Target.




A bowl I found a couple of years ago at yes...Target!


Another great find from Target...velvet heart pillow. Matt wanted to get in this pic.


This is a heart planter with an ivy topiary in it.


These are the kids' baskets that I put their Valentine goodies in. I know you are thinking Matt's is so much bigger, but when I ordered Matt's they no longer carried the cute heart shaped basket that I bought for McKenzie a few years before. I started the tradition of filling the baskets with their favorites and putting them outside their bedroom doors for them to find on Valentine's morning.


Found this pretty book at Walmart...


Matt taking a break from "decorating".


Their cute little mailboxes that hold valentines.


I left my Christmas garland out on the desk and replaced my star garland with hearts. I kept the white lights in it.


Amanda gave me this pretty tassel a few years ago. It has a heart with Joy written on it and pretty ribbons tied to it. Below that I have all of McKenzie's and Matt's Val. books. My favorite is The Night Before Valentine's Day. I love to buy seasonal books for them. It's a good way to teach them about the different holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that banner!!! i am calling her today and ordering one,hope i can get it in time for valentines day... give jack a hug and kiss from me soon!
~nicole

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Please come by sometime and help me decorate!

Lane House said...

The house looks great. Really like the banner.
Shirley