Friday, January 23, 2009

Something new...


A few days ago, I was sitting here in our den trying to figure out something new I could do and it hit me that I should do a big portrait of the kids. I love pictures and my artwork in our home is our kids. I love coming up with new ways to frame and change a space with David's work. I am so lucky to be married to someone who can capture all of these great memories of McKenzie and Matt. I have had an oil painting above the couch for many years. I am tired of it, so I remembered the picture that David took back in September of the kids. We ordered it and the picture came today. Yea! So, when David got home from work, I raced to Nebbletts to have the girls frame it for me. To save money and who doesn't like to do that, I used the same frame that my oil painting was in. I think it compliments the portrait nicely. We are usually ordering for other people, so it was nice to get a portrait for us.

Back in the fall I was ready to change an area of wall space, so I had David search his photo archives and find these recent "happy" pics of each child. We ordered 10x10 pictures, then I had them framed in square black frames with off white mats. I love how they turned out. Every time I look at them they make me smile. I believe they are David's mom's favorite because Liz always comments on them when they are here.

5 comments:

Lane House said...

The pictures look great. Want to come do some work at my house? Ha!! David does a great job taking pictures.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

i love your new treasures! can't wait for david to take some of jack. the one of the kids holding hands is my fav. have a great weekend:)
~nicole

Anonymous said...

The pictures are absolutely precious. You make me feel terrible when I see how many cute things you do for your children all year long. I wasn't that creative as a mom....but I enjoy seeing what you do. Sure do miss all of your sweet family.

bettyb said...

It looks so good!You need to post pics.of the "new" bathroom too.I love the 10x10's; hadn't seen those that I can remember.
love,
Betty Ward

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful! It is so wonderful to be able to preserve these memories because the kids grow up so fast.