Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Fun

We had a great Saturday. David and I usually go out to eat by ourselves to celebrate Valentine's Day, but this year we decided to go have a fun day with McKenzie and Matt in Memphis. We had a great time riding the trolley all around downtown, then on to eat at the Sideporch. I told David that I didn't digest my food as well as I did back in December when we were alone but that it was neat taking them to one of our favorite restaurants.

The kids started out the day enjoying their Valentine baskets, then on to breakfast and Walmart with Daddy. I always enjoy that time by myself at home. That is when I can get the house clean and straight and enjoy the peace and quiet! I decided to take the time to hang something new above the desk. I ordered this family tree painted canvas from Sarah at The Painted Wren. It is something fun for the den. I love the colors she used and the scripture verse on it. I have my eye on something else on her blog. It is the cutest painted canvas for the laundry room. I will save some money and maybe get it when spring rolls around. I think it will make doing laundry a little more exciting! Ha Ha.


1 comment:

bettyb said...

--love the baskets,especially McKenzie's heart one (big surprise!) The family tree turned out so cute,and I'll bet it looks really good in the den.
love,
me