Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Easter

Amanda inspired me with her Easter decorations, so I decided to get mine out, too. I haven't wanted to lately because its been so dreary and cold. Everything looks so dead. But maybe this will get us ready for spring!

Amanda is the friend who shared the painted Easter egg idea with me and I am so glad she did! It is one of our favorite traditions with McKenzie and Matt. I did a blog post on this last spring but for those who may not have read it, every year I order these from Old Tyme Commissary in Jackson. I have the artist paint an egg for McKenzie and Matt and what they are into at that time.

This year McKenzie's egg is a girl bunny playing a guitar.  She got a guitar for an early birthday gift from Nana and Grand and hopes to learn to play it. If you will notice the bunny is wearing a Taylor Swift t-shirt because McKenzie loves her music right now.  Matt's egg is a boy bunny golfer because this past year he was so into golf. I think the boy played it everyday in the front yard. Plus he enjoyed playing at the Dogwoods with his daddy and  the "Tiger Woods" (country club) with Ward. These eggs will be a great reminder of what McK. and Matt were enjoying.

This year, I decorated our coffee table for Easter.  I used the kids' Easter eggs, McCarty bunnies and my favorite Easter picture of them. McKenzie wanted to be included in the picture!

I put their baskets on the mantel along with this cute bunny that I found at TJ Maxx back in January.

Here is a picture of bunnies on the chest in our entry hall.

Two of my nieces, Jordan and Anna Catherine made me feel so good when they told me around Valentine's Day that they love what I put on my front and back doors for each holiday. I really didn't know that they noticed! Ha! So, with that in mind I wanted something fun and hung this egg wreath on the front door.

Kerry at the Flower Co. here in town made the bows for it. The wreath on my back door is a last year Target find and I hung this iron carrot on it. Found that at the Flower Co.

One last picture...in our backyard around this tree are beautiful, blooming daffodils that the former owners planted. It was a nice surprise to see them coming up a few weeks ago. I can't wait to add more plants to this bed!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Everything looks so good!! I can't wait to see it in person.

bettyb said...

I love all the decorations,and I will have to get mine out for Ward to enjoy!HA.The wreaths are super,and it was fun seeing the kids'eggs. I'll be sure to tell Ward that he was mentioned on the blog.He will like that. They will have to golf again when the weather gets pretty. I know it was fun to have a surprise of daffodils in the back yard. They know it is supposed to be spring even if mother nature does not!
love,
me
p.s. McKenzie,I loved your picture: I've missed seeing you and Matt but will be at Granny's Sunday!!

Kellie Berry said...

think i need more easter DECOR!!! i'm definitely lacking in that department. love the wreaths and all the bunnies!