Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Matt's Bike-A-Thon

Matt's pre-school had a bike-a-thon Tuesday to raise money for St. Jude.  It turns out that Matt is a ruthless fundraiser.  Saturday he asked Caleb for a donation and Caleb gave him four quarters.  Matt showed it to me and then said, "He didn't give me any dollars.".  Jan heard him and said, "Come here.  I think I have a dollar.".  Jan gave Matt a dollar and Matt said, "Just one?".  That guilted Jan into giving him another dollar and then she gave him another dollar for the quarters.  Matt looked up at her and said, "I need those, too.".  So, he turned four quarters into four dollars in about a minute!

Here are some pictures from the Bike-A-Thon.



 Matt was a little hesitant at first with everybody riding all over the place and running into each other.

This is the girl Matt told Betty he was NOT going to marry.  When Betty asked why, Matt said it was because she has bad hair.  He doesn't like her pony tail because she was in front of him in line one day and kept turning her head and accidentally hitting him in the face with her hair!
 Matt got comfortable with the flow of traffic and took off and had a great time!

 This is Matt talking with his teacher, Miss Michelle - or Miss Chelle as Matt calls her.  I'd love to know what he was telling her!

One more piece of news:  Betty was awarded Yard of the Month for October!  I say "Betty" instead of "we" because I had nothing to do with it.  We've been in the house for one year now and Betty has really transformed the front of the house and the yard.  It looks great!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

Way to go, Matt!!---sounds like you are a banker in the making. Way to go, Betty Ann! I wish I could say that my namesake got her talent from me, but we all know better. The yard looks awesome--one of the few with green grass and healthy plants!
Love, BettyWard