Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our Christmas Card 2010

I am joining Faith's Christmas Card Carousel. It is where you link up to her party and share your Christmas card. I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's cards and getting some ideas for next year. One of my favorite things about Christmas is the cards. It is fun to give and receive them. I love going to the mailbox this time of year!
Creating our Christmas card is really a fun hobby to me. I usually start in September (I know I am weird ha)  thinking about what I want to do. We took beach pictures of McKenzie and Matt on our vacation back in June so I knew as soon as David took that picture that it was going to be our Christmas card.
I really enjoy making our card, so I always enlist the help of my scrapbooking friend, Bev to get me the supplies I need. She has a scrapbooking business in her home. She ordered the paper and twine for me. Bev also has a printer to put the wording on the card. Mine is a trifold card, so she even had a tool to make folding the card easier. Here are a few pics of the making of our card...

I wanted green and this color is green bean. Also, I chose a twine for a natural look to go with our beach theme.

Next, I found these cute address labels.  I have used Doodlebugs Paper for all my stationary/label needs for years.  Kacey has the cutest stuff!

Here is the finished product...


I hang our cards we receive on ribbon in our den so we can enjoy them during the season. I got this idea from Delta Magazine last year. You  just take a cute, wide ribbon and attach it to doors or column and attach the cards to it. I use paper clips but would love to find some cute tiny clothespins to clip the cards.

Go check out the other Christmas cards at Faith's blog. It's fun!

4 comments:

emily said...

What a neat card! I love all the details and your labels are too cute!

Merry Christmas!
emily

bettyb said...

I look forward to your card because it is always special and unique. I also love this time of year when I go to the mailbox,and there is actually something fun in it!
love,
me

Anonymous said...

great card!love the picture david!

Anonymous said...

great card!love the picture david!