Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Mantel

Today I am linking up with The Lettered Cottage and showing our mantel all decorated for Christmas. I am using the same decorations that I always use each year since we have been in this house. I have always wanted a fireplace and so thankful we have one now and that I get to decorate the mantel! Now if it will stay cold long enough to use our gas logs...

This is sort of a close up of it. I use a garland that has several types of greenery and pine cones. I really like it because it looks so real. I used a different kind of red ribbon in it to add color and also used a red pom pom garland that I had to add something to it. I have tried colored lights in it before but I keep going back to the pretty white lights.



These are our Land's End stockings. I like traditional and these are perfect. We added Nick's cute little stocking last year. Can't wait to fill it with the cute little toys we found last weekend at TJ Maxx!

Lastly, in front of the fireplace, Matt set up his Polar Express train set. It's perfect to have out during the holidays since Matt loves trains and it is one of his favorite Christmas movies.

Don't forget to check out all the other mantels to get inspiration!

1 comment:

bettyb said...

--so very pretty! I love Nick's stocking. He'll be so excited when he comes out from under the tree!!
Love,
Betty Ward