Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gulf Shores - Last Day

We're back home now - no more beach and pool, no more pigging out at restaurants every meal, and no more days off from work.  I am off today, though, taking a vacation from my vacation before I head back to work on Wednesday.

Monday we woke up to rain and wind and rough waves.  It didn't look like a lot of oil was washing up, though.  We had planned on going to the pool one last time Monday morning before we left, but even though the rain stopped early it was still pretty windy.

We packed up and went to Tacky Jack's (or Wacky Jack's as Matt called it) for brunch.
This is where President Obama went a couple of weeks ago during his visit to the Gulf Coast.....but we still went there anyway.
This isn't a good picture, even for a camera phone, but this is what Betty and I got - shrimp and grits.  It was really good!
Matt and McKenzie shared a pancake with strawberries and whipped cream.  Yes, that's one pancake!

We stopped for a late lunch in Hattiesburg at the Olive Garden.  Our final stops on our pig out tour were in Jackson at the Marble Slab Creamery for ice cream and shakes and then at Krispy Kreme for a dozen donuts for our breakfast this morning.

We had a great time on our vacation - probably our best beach vacation yet - in spite of the oil!

3 comments:

bettyb said...

Back to the real world~glad y'all had a good time and are safely back in Grenada.
love,
BettyWard

Suzanne said...

just catching up on my blogs...look like yall had a good time:)

Susan B said...

Enjoyed reading about your trip to Gulf Shores.. Sad about the beaches isn't it.. I love the beach so I am just heartsick about it all.
The pics of food made me almost starve!! It all looked delish! And ending it all with Kripy Kremes.. my kind of people!!!lol
I got a tour of Grenada this afternoon and saw your pretty home.. all the hard work has really paid off. Happy Fourth!!